Translate

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

#imadethis: Denim Jacket repurposed into vest.

One of my passions is repurposing clothing.  Not only does it allow me to make the clothing my own, but it becomes a custom piece. Since I despise wearing t-shirts, I wanted some creative way that allowed me to wear a t-shirt and still be fashionable. I figured that I would need to add a couple of items to my wardrobe. I really wanted to add the following to my wardrobe to expand: a chambray long-sleeved bottom down, a jeans vest (traditional) and a jeans vest (racerback, destroyed). I came across this awesome jean jacket in Goodwill a couple of days ago that was only 5 bucks so why not try this! It w's a perfect candidate. The sleeves were baggy and totally unflattering so I deemed this a perfect candidate. 

Before 
Sooooo baggy

Process
I literally cut all the way closest to the seam. Everyone is saying that it looks like I bought it this way. 

After
Head to Toe



No comments:

Post a Comment