Translate

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

#imadethis: Ugly Christmas Sweater.

I used this WalMart sweater as inspiration. Was less than satisfied with the drain so I decided to make my own version. Was seeking something long enough to wear with leggings.

I went searching in Burlington Coat Factory for a plain red or green sweater, coming across this great high-low red one. (7.99 USD)

Then I went to Joann Fabrics to pick up these snowman buttons after Doug a bit of research online. 


I also grabbed a few packs of jingle bells (medium and small) to adorn the neckline and sweater for some tacky 3D elements. 


Used white fabric paint to create (what's left of) Snowman's body. Outlined perimeter with mini paintbrush. Filled in with medium paibtbrush. Used fabric marker to letter in the words then went over it with micro paintbrush and tons of patience. 


Glued jingle bells to sweater with metallic silver glue sticks (applied with high temperature hot glue gun.)

And, Voila! The finished product. Worn to two different parties: an ugly sweater party (top) and a Christmas pajama party (bottom). 







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Maybe want follow each other? If yes, just follow me and i follow you back. :)
xoxo
http://smellofpeony.blogspot.com

Post a Comment